University Honors Program
Current students and sophomores should apply during the spring semester of their sophomore year of college. Competitive applicants should be in the position to complete their degree in approximately two academic years.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above in all college-level coursework
- A rigorous curriculum overall in the major
- Commitment to completing honors work in the major
- Completion of 60 earned semester hours by the end of the semester in which the student is applying
- Completion of most general education requirements by the end of the semester in which the student is applying
- Submit a completed Cleveland State University application and all associated materials to the admissions office (acceptance into the University is required before your Honors application will be reviewed)
- Submit a completed Honors Program application to the Mandel Honors College
- Submit a written autobiographical essay (See application for more details) to the Mandel Honors College
- Submit letters of reference (Three letters of reference are required – applicants are encouraged to seek letters from reviewers able to comment on the student’s ability to complete honors-level work in their major) to the Mandel Honors College
- For the 2020 -2021 (Fall 2021 admission) we recommend scanning all materials and email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
All application materials must be submitted by February 28
Any student that has completed a year at CSU or any other accredited University may be considered for the University Scholars Program. Transfer students that apply to the program must be currently enrolled at CSU.
Application Deadline: August 1
Students must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- A minimum cumulative 3.25 GPA from all previous college level work
- Demonstration that completion of junior level Scholars Requirements for individual major is possible. Competitive applicants must have at least two academic years left before graduation.
- Be a current CSU student OR submit a completed Cleveland State University application and all associated materials to the admissions office *acceptance into the University is required before your Scholars application will be reviewed
- Submit a completed Scholars Program application to the Mandel Honors College
- Interview with Scholars advisor (call 216-687-5559 to schedule an interview), OR write a brief essay (500 words) explaining how participating in the Scholars Program will benefit your academic career