Due to CSU's COVID-19 precautions, the Mandel Honors College staff is working remotely until at least May 9. We are available during this time at 216/687-5559 or email@example.com.
Prospective students and applicants: please do not hesitate to reach out during this time with any questions or concerns.
Current students: All advisors and the rest of the staff are available through Starfish and their regular email addresses.
The mission of the Jack, Joseph & Morton Mandel Honors College is to provide academically challenging curriculum and leadership training for high-achieving students, who we encourage to be engaged citizens of the College and the larger Cleveland State community.
We serve a diverse group of student and we seek graduates from a variety of secondary schools including: graduates of large public high schools, small denominational schools, elite private schools and small schools in rural areas. Transfer students from two- and four- year colleges are welcomed.
The Mandel Honors College houses three distinct programs, the University Honors Program, the University Scholars Program and the Mandel Continuing Scholars Program.
- The advantages of a small college—close interaction with faculty, small class sizes, a tight-knit community of supportive students—coupled with all the benefits of a large, urban research university
- Opportunities for advanced coursework in your major and/or undergraduate research
- A staff that is dedicated to your success, providing consistent and attentive advising and responsive programming
- Exclusive spaces only available to Mandel Honors College students that include a lounge and a computer lab
- Unique partnerships that include research opportunities with the Lerner Research Institute at the Cleveland Clinic
- Automatic admission to some of CSU’s graduate programs, including Cleveland-Marshall College of Law and graduate programs in the Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs, upon graduation