Happy birthday, to us!
The Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Honors College is proud to celebrate our 5th anniversary this year! November 9, 2015 was the College's official dedication and it was our distinct honor to host Mort Mandel (1921-2019) at this event (see our photo scroll above for pictures of that happy day). In the coming months we will continue to observe this anniversary by celebrating Mandel Honors College students and alumni. We are a proud and grateful community of Mandel Vikes!
For the 2020 -2021 (Fall 2021 admission) we recommend scanning all materials (including recommendation letters) and email the application to email@example.com
FALL 2020 UPDATE
Due to CSU's reduced campus footprint in fall 2020, the Mandel Honors College office will continue to work remotely. Our campus office will not be staffed, but we are available at 216/687-5559 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective students and applicants: please do not hesitate to reach out during this time with any questions or concerns.
Current students: All advisors and the rest of the staff are available through Starfish and their regular email addresses.
The mission of the Jack, Joseph & Morton Mandel Honors College is to provide academically challenging curriculum and leadership training for high-achieving students, who we encourage to be engaged citizens of the College and the larger Cleveland State community.
We serve a diverse group of student and we seek graduates from a variety of secondary schools including: graduates of large public high schools, small denominational schools, elite private schools and small schools in rural areas. Transfer students from two- and four- year colleges are welcomed.
The Mandel Honors College houses three distinct programs, the University Honors Program, the University Scholars Program and the Mandel Continuing Scholars Program.
- The advantages of a small college—close interaction with faculty, small class sizes, a tight-knit community of supportive students—coupled with all the benefits of a large, urban research university
- Opportunities for advanced coursework in your major and/or undergraduate research
- A staff that is dedicated to your success, providing consistent and attentive advising and responsive programming
- Exclusive spaces only available to Mandel Honors College students that include a lounge and a computer lab
- Unique partnerships that include research opportunities with the Lerner Research Institute at the Cleveland Clinic
- Automatic admission to some of CSU’s graduate programs, including Cleveland-Marshall College of Law and graduate programs in the Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs, upon graduation