Milestones and Re-Openings
The Mandel Honors College is open and ready for fall semester 2021! Our staff has returned from remote work and is settling back in to in-person operations.
In May 2021 we celebrated in-person Commencement at Progressive Field (and Dean Lehfeldt got to be on the jumbotron!). Since then we've completed another year of the Mandel Continuing Scholars Summer Seminar. And we also held an Open House/Re-Orientation for last year's first year students.
We look forward to welcoming you back to campus!
The mission of the Jack, Joseph & Morton Mandel Honors College is to provide academically challenging curriculum and leadership training for high-achieving students, who we encourage to be engaged citizens of the College and the larger Cleveland State community.
We serve a diverse group of student and we seek graduates from a variety of secondary schools including: graduates of large public high schools, small denominational schools, elite private schools and small schools in rural areas. Transfer students from two- and four- year colleges are welcomed.
The Mandel Honors College houses three distinct programs, the University Honors Program, the University Scholars Program and the Mandel Continuing Scholars Program.
- The advantages of a small college—close interaction with faculty, small class sizes, a tight-knit community of supportive students—coupled with all the benefits of a large, urban research university
- Opportunities for advanced coursework in your major and/or undergraduate research
- A staff that is dedicated to your success, providing consistent and attentive advising and responsive programming
- Exclusive spaces only available to Mandel Honors College students that include a lounge and a computer lab
- Unique partnerships that include research opportunities with the Lerner Research Institute at the Cleveland Clinic
- Automatic admission to some of CSU’s graduate programs, including Cleveland-Marshall College of Law and graduate programs in the Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs, upon graduation